Re: Fw: Resume/SQA Assistance for Cisco position

Comments are in-line below.

 > From: Noelle <http://dummy.us.eu.org/noelleg>
 > Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 10:42:00 -0800 (PST)

In general, two things:

 1) Always start off an achievement with a verb.  It sounds more active.
 2) I personally use the past tense if the archievement was accomplished
    in the past.
 3) The format that I've seen for PSR-like formats is, for example:

     "Increased throughput of data by optimizing the HTTP server,
      implemented in C".

    And, in general, the first part of the sentence should say how things
    changed/improved from before work began on the task to after the work
    finished on the task; the second part of the sentence should include
    possibly what the problem was and how you addressed the problem.
 4) I agree with you that your bullet points are a bit too long for a
    recruiter, but I think they're also too long for a hiring manager.
    Many small bullet points, I think, should be preferred over long
    sentences.  And, in fact, I personally would want it shorter in an
    interview since it gives 'em a chance to talk about the positions.
 5) Since the job is a QA job, I would emphasize "delivering quality" for
    each of your "results" in the PSRs.  Also, decreasing bugs,
    debugging problems, investigating results, etc.

Why do you want this page removed?