Re: colleagues would like to reconnect

 > From: Amanda Dahl <http://www.inpharmatica.co.uk/~amanda>
 > Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 09:10:01 +0100
 >
 > I'm pretty good. Yep, my partner David & I have been living in London for
 > a little over 4 years now. It's a brilliant city, apart from the generally
 > miserable weather.

Its weather is a lot like Olympia, WA.  Which is where I went to college.
For me at the time, coming from Ma, it was a joy to not have
snow (or very little snow) during the winter.  I guess it's all a measure
of things.

So, have the terrorist actions affected you at all?

 > I'm a sysadmin at a bioinformatics company, but I've
 > been interviewing around over the past couple of weeks. So hopefully I'll
 > be somewhere new, soon.  Wow, yes, I remember Chandra. Aki Sasaki (he also
 > worked at our work place, maybe after your time?

I think so.

 > ) put together a website
 > for her and asked me to take the pictures. She has an incredible studio.
 > Small world.  Your commute sounds insane.

Indeed.  We are seeing if we can move to .  So far, we haven't
found anything suitable.  We may be in where-I-live for a little while longer.

 > I turned down a job at Oracle a
 > few years back because I couldn't envision doing the commute from El
 > Cerrito to Redwood Shores.

That would be horrific.  I think Ting's commute is probably
less-than-ideal.  I'm surprised she took it since she was focused on
finding a job in the east bay.

 > That was back before the Dotcom bust. :) I'm
 > going to look up Ting & Diane Alter (Kuhrt) on linkedin, and see if I can
 > find them.

Good luck.

BTW, did you ever know Rich Belanger?  He's one of my contacts.  I think
he's in Ma.

 > Take care,
 > Amanda
 >

 > 15 Puneybggr Fgerrg