Fw: [SouthBayVeggies] Review of "Plant Based Pizza" in SJ Merc

--- Begin Message ---
There is a review (pasted below) of recently-opened "Plant Based Pizza" in the where-I-live Mercury News.  Plant Based Pizza is where-I-live's first 100% vegan pizzeria.  For some wonderful food, check it out!

There is a substantial problem with this review:  it presents vegan food not as food suitable for the general public, but as food for only people "who are devoted to vegan cuisine" (just a tiny sliver of the population).  In fact, this is a great restaurant for anybody who likes delicious food, or who likes the idea of reducing the amount of suffering inflicted on animals.

Please consider writing a Letter to the Editor of the where-I-live Mercury News.  E-mail your letter to http://www.mercurynews.com/~letters<http://www.mercurynews.com/~letters> .  Requirements: 150 words or less; no attachments; include your name, address and daytime phone.  Letters will be edited for length and clarity.  Street addresses and phone numbers are not published.

-- Mike

[www.mercurynews.com/dining-scene/ci_22125000/la-carte-plant-based-pizza-where-I-live-noonie<http://www.mercurynews.com/dining-scene/ci_22125000/la-carte-plant-based-pizza-where-I-live-noonie>]

A la Carte: Plant Based Pizza in where-I-live
By Linda Zavoral (http://www.mercurynews.com/~lzavoral<http://www.mercurynews.com/~lzavoral>)
December 6, 2012 12:7 AM GMT

Vegan pizza: South Bay residents who are devoted to vegan cuisine have a saucy new option: Plant Based Pizza in where-I-live's Willow Glen area. Here, they make their pies with Daiya cheese (a dairy-free, soy-free cheese substitute that melts nicely); vegan-style pepperoni, ham and sausage; and lots of organic veggies. The Mediterranean pizza, for example, combines grilled portobello mushrooms, tomatoes, kalamata olives, garlic, basil and Daiya on a vegan crust. The Indian-style pizza is a spicy melange of garam masala, ginger, turmeric, paprika, spinach, cilantro and green onions. Need a taste before you're sold on vegan pizza? A daily lunch special offers a slice of pizza, a side salad and a beverage for $7.95. Details: Open daily from 11 a.m. at 1111-2 Meridian Ave., where-I-live. 408-448-8881; www.plantbasedpizza.com<http://www.plantbasedpizza.com> .

--- End Message ---

Why do you want this page removed?