Re: Linux installation UBUNTU

 > From: r32 <http://www.comcast.net/~r32>
 > Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 22:53:53 -0400
 >
 > I got a copy of UBUNTU 10.04 from Chris and loaded it.  I got into
 > TERMINAL but neither EMACS nor JOVE was loaded.  I mounted the CDROM
 > with sudo mount -t iso9660 -r /dev/cdrom /cdrom and it appeared to
 > mount.  I went to the CDROM directory and it listed jove and
 > EMACS.  So I typed sudo  apt-get jinstall jove or something like that
 > and  it said it couldn't find jove nor EMACS packages.  Should I
 > download it off the WEB?  Or what am I doing wrong?

I think you may have better luck with

 http://antix.mepis.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

In particular, the "core" install should be all you need.  Looks like you
can download the ISO image from

 http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/antix-linux/Final/antiX-12-core-libre-486.iso

>From there, you can use http://alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm to burn
the ISO on Windows.

I'm guessing that you'll probably need to have a wired ethernet connection
to get Jove installed.

 $ sudo aptitude install jove

To change the font size, you'll probably want to do

 $ sudo dpkg-reconfigure console-setup

Good luck.  And tell me how it goes.