Re: Linux installation

 > From: "http://www.juno.com/~w1fewa"; <http://www.juno.com/~w1fewa>
 > Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 09:56:56 GMT
 >
 > If I send you a computer could you install the same Linux that you installed on
 > the computer here?  Or could you talk me through installing it myself some
 > evening or weekend?

The latter may be easier.

If I remember correctly, the hardest part was getting the console font to
not be small.  It looks like the web page
http://jehurst.wordpress.com/2009/06/22/life-on-the-console-debian-squeeze/
addresses some of these issues.

If you'd like to get started before we can do this, you can try yourself.

 1) Download http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-builds/amd64/iso-dvd/
    and burn these to DVDs.  I've successfully used
    http://alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm in the past to do this.
 2) Boot the first DVD and start the install, following the guide at
    http://jehurst.wordpress.com/2009/06/22/life-on-the-console-debian-squeeze/
 3) Stop at the point where he does "dpkg-reconfigure console-setup" and
    setting the font size of 16 (that may be too small for you -- you may
    want 20 instead).

There was a few more packages you'll need to install, but I can tell you
about those later.

Why do you want this page removed?