Re: did you get the book?

 > From: Bhavani <http://www.juno.com/~margaretch>
 > Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 13:58:33 -0400

 > On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 08:49:43 -0700 (PDT) Noelle
 > <http://dummy.us.eu.org/noelleg> writes:
 > > Or should I say did you give it to Flora?
 > TIM IS WORKING AT THE OLDE FACTORY BUT DOESN'T LIKE IT.  FLORA
 > SAYS HE'S CONVINCED THAT HE/THEY WILL BUY A HOUSE IN GUILFORD .

Sounds like a great idea: work at a job you hate and buy a house so you
have to continue to work at that job.

Iraq looks inviting at that point.

 > SHE
 > DOESN'T LIKE THE IDEA-- IF THE MARKET GOES DOWN  MAYBE THEY WON'T TO STAY
 > PERMANENTLY.
 >
 > MARNIE IS IN CONCORD  HOSPITAL BECAUSE OF DEPRESSION-THURSDAY AUGUST
 > 11TH AROUND 8 PM-  DICK (DAD) AND I PICKED HER UP IN MEREDITH AND DROVE
 > HER DOWN.  SHE WAS SUICIDAL. Concord Hospital 603 225-2711 Ext. 2666 or
 > Ext. 4512 AFTER 4PM - 8PM EST.
 >
 > UMM...THE CAR ACCIDENT, FIBROMYALGIA, THYROID, DIABETES, MARNIE'S
 > PARENTS, JIMMY, JOAN(JIMMY'S MOTHER)...  JIMMY'S MOTHER SAIDTO MARNIE, "I
 > DON'T KNOW HOW YOU COULD BE DEPRESSED?"

It's like people who have RSI: how can it hurt when you type?

 >  The Merck Manual says:
 >  primary fibromyalgia syndrome (PFS) is likely to occur in healthy young
 > or middle-aged women who tend to be stressed, tense, depressed, anxious,
 > and striving, but may also occur in children or adolescents (particularly
 > girls) or in older adults...a minority of cases may be associated with
 > psycho-physiologic abnormality   ?symptoms can be exacerbated by
 > environmental or emotional stress or by uncaring physician who gives the
 > patient the message that it is
 >  ?all in the head.?

Oh, it's all in your head that it's not in Marnie's head.

BTW, how is your head?

 >  IT'S JUST A DAY AGO THAT WE GOT OUR COMPUTER BACK.  LIGHTENING HAD BLOWN
 > OUT OUR CABLE MODEUM.  WE HAD TO HAVE A TROUBLE SHOOTER - CABLE GUY-COME
 > TO THE HOUSE TO SEE IF IT WAS OURS OR THEIRS.

Amazing.  I guess there's nothing you could've done about it -- not even
a power strip would've helped.

 > AND THANKS FOR THE SENDING THE BOOK AND CAT FANCY- I TOOK THE 'ZINE WITH
 > ME TO WATERVILLE VALLEY .  JUST GOT FINISHED READING  Straight from the
 > Horse's Mouth: How to Talk to Animals and Get Answers
 > by Amelia Kinkade  I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND I.   I INTERLIBRARY LOANED
 > IT AND IT CAME FROM THE MEREDITH  LIBRARY

Does it say how to ask them to be more quiet?

 > ...OH...AUG. 17TH WE ARE FLYING TO BALTIMORE WITH FLORA TO GET HER VAN.
 > THE MILITARY WILL PAY FOR HER FARE AND HOTEL ROOM AND WE WILL ONLY PAY
 > $29 ($58) FOR THE PLANE.  WE WILL DRIVE THE VAN BACK TO - 10 HOUR TRIP.
 >  We still have not decided when to come visit, though mid-October is  my
 > preference.  MY PREFERENCE TOO.  HOPE THINGS QUIET DOWN BY THEN WITH ALL
 > OUR FAMILY DRAMAS.
 > We don't know when we are moving.  Apt hunting has been  rather
 > unfruitful.  We may have to bite the bullet  and live in an expensive new
 > apt complex with pool & weight  room.  IT SOUNDS  HUNKY-DORY TO ME- IT
 > MIGHT EVEN BE AN ADVANTAGE, BUT I'M NOT THE ONE PAYIN' FOR IT.  DOES THIS
 > PLACE HAVE A YEAR LEASE- OR MORE?

One year lease AFAIK.  We'll visit them tomorrow.

The one problem in this case is that there is a deal running, but after
the year is up, they may raise rents, forcing us to move.  It's prefer to
stay in one place for more than 1 year.

 > Maybe that  would be worth it.  Once we
 > know when we are moving then we will  decide  KEEP US POSTED!! .Jet blue
 > still has some good fares available. YEAH- JET BLUE IS SOMETHING ELSE
 > THAT WE MIGHT WANT TO CONSIDER IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER??  LOOKING UP BEA
 > MINER FOR INSTANCE.  IT'S BEEN AWHILE SINCE WE LAST SAW HER AND SHE IS 80
 > YEARS YOUNG OR  80 YEARS OLD.  HOW FUNNY OUR AMERICAN VERNACULAR IS.
 >  your DIL
 >
 > MUCH LOVE,
 > YOUR MIL

Your S