Re: Happy 2012 Winter Solstice!

 > From: "Levy, Simon" <http://www.wlu.edu/~LevyS>
 > Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 12:18:19 -0500
 >
 > Thanks for all your news, Robert -- it's something I look forward to every
 > holiday season!
 >
 > Nothing big going on here.  I'm looking forward to rotating out of the
 > Department Head position, something I dislike because of the avalanche of
 > make-work that's given to us by the bureaucrats who have taken over academia. (
 > I see it as part of the dismantling of the tenure system, the last viable
 > union-like institution left in America.)

Yeah.  You may wanna listen to
http://www.againstthegrain.org/program/619/coming-wed-103112 -- I seem to
recall that he made a similar point

 > Fortunately there's been so much activity in the Old Time music scene in
 > Rockbridge County that I decided not to go anywhere for the holidays, just stay
 > here and play music at four different dinner/jam gatherings.  (I did see Mark
 > Reimers over the weekend and got angry with him about keeping his house
 > freezing-cold at night to "save energy" while he and DeAndra jet off to various
 > vacation spots, thereby negating any savings or carbon benefit for the next 100
 > years or so!)  So although I hardly ever buy anything other than groceries, my
 > next big purchase is probably going to be a new fiddle (I've had the current
 > one for eight years, and it's too quiet to play Old Time, which rarely uses
 > amplifiers.)

For some reason, I didn't know that you played violin/fiddle.  That's
totally cool.  I sometimes think about picking up the drums again, but I
guess it has just been prioritized out of my life for the time being.

 > Anyway, give my love to Noelle, and congratulations on your new job!

Thanks.

Noelle's still looking for a job.  It's been hard.

 > Best,
 > Simon

Why do you want this page removed?