Re: books for prisoners

Hey Robert,
good to hear from you.  Hope your year is going along
swimmingly so far.

Hmm, books to prisoners, well, I know there are a lot of
regulations on what prisoners can receive, but I don't know
exactly what they are.  Usually books have to come from a
book store or a publisher.  If you have books to donate,
Bound Together (415.431.8355) might take them. or Moe's.  I
don't know about places in your area that will take them.
And a lot of the time they sell your donated books to buy
new ones that prisons will accept, because of the
regulations.  At the SF bookfair, you'll see a huge table of
books for sale that couldn't get into prisons.  I think
there is still a Books To Prisoners group at the Grassroots
House here in , on Blake.  I think they actually
package up books, but I'm not sure. And I can't find a # for
them either.

Cheers--
Kathryn

katciao