Re: gifts, etc.

 > From: Christopher <http://profiles.yahoo.com/dr_chris_bear>
 > Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 06:38:19 -0800 (PST)
 >
 > Robert,
 >
 > We did receive the package.
 >
 > Work isn't too bad.  In the past several months, they did lay off several
 > people.  I think I'm safe for now but you never know how the following year
 > will be.  Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
 > I'm glad that your job seems to be good for now.  I've never tried Windows
 > Vista.  I'll avoid using it as long as I can since it seems like a
 > resource hog

Actually, it's become much better lately.  It's almost as fast as Linux
now.

 > and there is no need to.
 >
 > I think soon I'm going to install Ubuntu 8.10 on my home pc.  I'll
 > dedicate a hard drive to it and keep the other hard drive for Windows
 > XP. I would like to do my own comparison of the 2 operating systems.

In terms of speed, they're incomparable -- Windows XP is much slower.
But, Windows XP has better device support.

 > As far as biking.  I haven't done that much of it since the weather
 > has been cold and it gets dark early.  I do have my bike in my
 > bedroom on a training so I can get some exercise if I have to stay
 > in.  Plus I can watch movies while biking.

Excellent.

 > I've been pretty consistent in going to the gym.  I do mostly weights.

Good.  I've been still going to my local gym, but not consistently.  I
try to get there 3 times/week, but sometimes it's only 2 depending on
work.

 > I do have snowshoes so I should get out and go snowshoeing since it
 > doesn't cost anything besides time.

Yeah.  Today would be a good day for it.

 > That's it for now.

Have you heard of This American Life?  There's a great episode that's
worth listening to: http://www.thisamericanlife.org/Radio_Episode.aspx?episode=363

 > Later,
 > Chris

Why do you want this page removed?