connecting to home or work PC over the internet

You could try this:

http://www.cyber-knowledge.net/blog/2006/07/19/connect-to-your-home-pc-from-anywhere-free/

This is essentially what I do, except, since I connect to work from home
and I cannot access the computers there from home, I use a reverse SSH
tunnel.  (I.e., I ssh from work to home, create a tunnel, and then I use
that tunnel when I'm at home to connect to work.)

The only thing I would change in the above tutorial is to use
http://www.yi.org rather than http://www.no-ip.com because, with yi.org,
you won't lose your domain if you neglect to continually renew it.

Why do you want this page removed?