RE: Happy 2006 Winter Solstice!

 > From: "Reimers, Mark \(NIH/NCI\) [E]" <http://www.mail.nih.gov/~reimersm>
 > Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 18:27:18 -0500
 >
 > Hi Robert,
 > Nice to hear from you.

Good to hear from you as well.  Noelle was wondering if you'd reply.

 > My news is that I was pretty fed up with the salesmanship at NCI, and took a
 > new job at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond VA.

That's great!

 > I'm still working
 > hard, but imagine that I'm working for myself.

Avoid working hard.  You'll only end up getting hurt.

 > And I like the academic life.

I could see the appeal.  Noelle's friend is working at Stanford, but she
says that it's still pretty cut-throat.

 > have a girlfriend, and may buy a house.

Good, and good.  I guess you're settling down.  In the U.S.?

We just got back from Vancouver, BC.  The weather was surprisingly good
while we were there, did some bicycling, and ate lots of vegetarian food.

 > Simon is almost ready for tenure.

I guess he's settling down, too.

 > My new contact is http://www.Vcu.edu/~mreimers

Yeah.  I think Sue shared this with us.