Re: Happy 2006 Winter Solstice!

 > From: RMallidi <http://www.gmail.com/~privymall>
 > Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 15:27:50 +0800
 >
 > robert,
 >
 > happy new year!!
 >
 > i have just been back from a 2 week vacation in india. haven't taken any
 > real vacation in years! going around agra (taj mahal), delhi and jaipur -
 > golden triangle as it's typically called, was fun. except for taj mahal, the
 > maitenance of many historical places in india is pretty poor though.
 >
 > good to hear from you. i have been in shanghai for the last 18 months on a
 > 2-year assignment with intel. i have been director of strategic planning
 > (market analysis, product strategies/roadmaps, business plans) with a new
 > business unit that i came to start along with my gm. it's almost time for me
 > to move back to the u.s. as i am contemplating my move back to the u.s, i am
 > thinking of opportunities both inside and outside of intel. while my home is
 > portland, or, i am open to move to other places on the west coast or maybe
 > other areas if the opportunity is compelling.
 >
 > btw, portland is a very nice place. we have been living there since '98.
 > it's the best of many things - a cosmopolitan place without the crime rates
 > of ny/la, very environmentally friendly place, and has a pretty reasonable
 > cost of living. downside is there are not many high-tech companies besides
 > intel.
 >
 > i remember you moving to the boston area. why did you move back to the bay
 > area?

Because Noelle and I hated Boston.  Noelle had a job opportunity and she
leaped at the chance.

 > is tell_me a comms-type startup?

Yes.  Most phone- and cellphone-based stuff.

 > are you still doing s/w development?

Yep.  I don't know if I'd ever want to manage people.  It's just that
it seems companies desire younger people for doing software development.
But, I think it's changing slightly -- I see more and more older people
doing programming.

 > do you know of any director/vp level opportunities in mktg/str
 > planning/prod mgmt at hardware or software companies in the bay area?

I'm sorry -- I haven't looked.  Most recruiters contact me through
linkedin.com -- that's the main way I find out about jobs these days.

 > reddy
 > cell: +86 1381-613-6371
 > voip: +1 (503)-645-1785

Why do you want this page removed?