Re: SSL error

I haven't used VirtualHost very much.  Have you tried something like?:

<virtualhost *>
servername net.tpl.org
serveralias *
redirect / https://net.tpl.org/
</virtualhost>

the main point being that I left out the port number.  Is there another section
that deals specifically with net.tpl.org listening on port 443?  If so, having
two sections may be a problem in which case somehow the port will have to be
specified.

Just my guess.

--- http://www.outformations.com/~dek wrote:
> I am trying to set up the new net.tpl.org apache server for SSL
> connections only.  If I go to https://net.tpl.org/ everyhting works fine,
> but I if I go to http://net.tpl.org/ I keep getting the following:
>
> Bad Request
> Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
> Reason: You're speaking plain HTTP to an SSL-enabled server port.
> Instead use the HTTPS scheme to access this URL, please.
> Hint: https://net.tpl.org:80/
>
> I tried setting up the following as a redirect:
> <virtualhost 192.168.0.4:80>
> servername net.tpl.org
> redirect / https://net.tpl.org/
> </virtualhost>
>
> I think this might work, but apache is 'hijacking' port 80 before it gets
> to this entry, and going to the default apache site (located in
> /var/www/localhost).  I tried commenting out Listen 80 in the main Apache
> file, but then I juust get connection refused.  Any ideas?
>
> I have tired port based and name based hosts, but still no luck.  I would
> like to use name based hosts if possible.
>
> Dale

Why do you want this page removed?