Bike to Work Day

Ready for the rain?
Title: 511.org - Bicycling

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Bike to Work Day is an annual celebration of bicycling as a transportation alternative.

The 11th annual Bike to Work Day is a collaborative effort of city and county agencies, local and regional bicycle coalitions and hundreds of volunteers. This year, the event will take place on Thursday, May 19, 2005. The Bay Area's event is part of National Bike Month, an annual recognition of bicycling as a convenient and fun form of transportation that is growing more popular in the United States.

Join tens of thousands of Bay Area residents as they pedal their way to work, school, transit, errands or play on Bike to Work Day! There will be over 180 Energizer Stations set up throughout the Bay Area to provide free refreshments, give aways, bicycling information, and encouragement to participants!

  • Lube up that squeaky chain,
  • fix that flat tire and get ready to pedal your way through Bike to Work Day!
  • Shift Gears
  • Choose the healthy commute!

Don't forget to check out the County Events page, where you can get information about preparation for Bike to Work Day in your community.

Attention All Photographers

Help us record Bike to Work Day 2005 with your digital camera. Take shots of other bicyclists on your way to work, at the energizer stations, etc. Look for images that capture the day's spirit, or tell a story: perhaps a mass of bicycles lined up at a parking depot, or a parent and child making their way to work and school. Look for dramatic scenes and unexpected angles. Photos should be full-resolution JPEGs; e-mail by June 3, 2005, to: http://www.511.org/~btwdphotos

All photos will be credited when used; please provide your full name so we can properly credit you, along with a phone number and e-mail address where we can reach you if we have questions about your photos. By submitting photos to our Bike to Work Day Gallery, you grant MTC and its partners nonexclusive rights use your photos royalty-free for up to five years on their Web sites and in their publications (this does not prevent you from using or selling the photos to other outlets). If you have questions, email the Bike to Work Day Coordinator at http://www.511.org/~btwdphotos.

Why do you want this page removed?