Re: Yes I was contacted

 > From: Bill Bruns <http://profiles.yahoo.com/billbruns>
 > Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 21:59:45 -0700 (PDT)
 >
 > Hi Robert,
 >
 > I have been busily refreshing myself on javascript and Python, and
 > looking at Pig.
 >
 > I'm surprised that ES uses Pig since Pig is aimed at MapReduce.
 > ES must have a custom back end for it, to handle the MapReduce
 > commands coming out of it.

It's actually worse than that.  The subset of Pig implemented differs so
greatly that we have an entire separate document describing our particular
variant.

 > I can certainly see the attraction of Pig since it is sort of a
 > subset of SQL for use with unstructured data.
 > Don't get me wrong - I understand that it is not SQL.
 > I'm just saying that things like Join and Limit etc are much like
 > they are in SQL.

They are.  And, in some cases, with our data structure, highly
inefficient.

 > Thank you for the info about clothing.  I'll do that.
 >
 > My interviews start at 2pm.

OK.  I guess we could meet afterwards, then?

 > I am somewhat nervous, even though I feel that I am an above-average
 > candidate.

This seems to be true.  The key is to be friendly, I think.  The technical
stuff will take care of itself.

 > If you want to propose meeting there or somewhere nearby ahead of
 > time, let me know where/when.

I may not have time.  We often have these long, extended lunch meetings on
Friday and typically don't end 'til 1:30pm or 2pm.

 > But I am nervous about spilling something on my clothes so I probably won't
 > eat/drink anything.

Let's talk afterwards.  We can walk to the Peet's down the street.

 > Bill

Why do you want this page removed?