________________________________
Date: 2012-09-19, 1:14PM PDT
Reply to: see below
________________________________

Please apply directly: https://www.hirebridge.com/v3/application/applink.aspx?cid=6538&jid=165238

Lead Cook/Hourly Sous Chef for Organic Vegan Cafe at Bon Appetit Management Company

Bon Appétit Management Company is an on site custom restaurant company that provides café and catering services to corporations, colleges, universities and specialty venues. Bon Appétit is known for its culinary expertise and commitment to socially responsible
food sourcing and business practices.

Bon Appétit Management Company, a member of Compass Group, seeks a dedicated individual to work in a fast paced corporate dining environment that offers great benefits and opportunity for advancement. We have a high-profile clientele who work with Bon Appetit
because of the high culinary and service standards we maintain. We pride ourselves on using the best seasonal, healthy, local and sustainable ingredients that the Bay Area has to offer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.

Position Summary

The Sous Chef is responsible for assisting with the overall success of the Food Program including adhering to our culture, guidelines, and our standard of excellence in food quality, freshness, and presentation.

We are seeking experienced Hourly Sous Chefs for AM shift. Position is Monday to Friday.

Duties include but are not limited to:

Overseeing the daily execution of the Chef's vegan and raw menus and overall vision.
This position is responsible for directing, training, and developing all kitchen personnel.
Ensuring that high quality creative vegan food is produced in a cost effective and consistent manner.
Ensuring that menus are authentic, well balanced and meet the cultural and dietary needs of the guests.
Ensuring that all products are purchased following our high standards and sustainability commitments.
Ensuring all kitchen waste is disposed of properly in the most sustainable manner possible.

Oversees the daily appearance, cleanliness and upkeep of the kitchen.

Our dynamic team desires an individual with:
Experience working with vegetarian, vegan food is helpful, but not a requirement if there is a desire to learn. Raw food experience is a plus
A passion for great food and positive attitude

Has a minimum of 2 years kitchen supervisory experience in a quality food service establishment.
Possess a general knowledge of hospitality and interest in sustainability and sustainable food practices.
Proficient with email composition, inventory management, and possess a basic understanding of food industry financial reporting.
Possess the ability to work independently and with a team

Education:
Culinary or college degree

EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Must be able to pass criminal background check and E-Verify
If interested, please e-mail a short cover letter and your resume with the position you are applying for in the subject line. Word attachments only, please.

sign, Sunny
signature:
farm fishing is bad in many ways

http://www.salmonaid.org/index.php/education/why-eat-wild-salmon.html  ;

and there's not enough wild salmon to go around....

--- End Message ---

Why do you want this page removed?