Re: Reply from Gail re: job leads on LinkedIn

 > From: "Gail" <http://www.cox.net/~g3>
 > Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 22:15:03 -0800
 >
 > I just filled out the profile information. Would you please check it
 > as I wasn't sure how, for privacy security reasons, I could just have
 > my name as Gail G just shown publicly rather than my whole
 > name.

I'm sure that's fine.  In any case, you can always change it later.

 > Maybe you can fix it since I'm linked to you.

No, I cannot.  Only the user him/herself can.

 > I hope I won't
 > regret signing onto this and that it will prove helpful to me in
 > getting a job rather than receiving a lot of unwanted email since I
 > already receive so much email as you know.

Go to

  https://www.linkedin.com/secure/settings?req=

and make sure "I'll accept only Introductions" is checked and click "Save
changes" at the bottom.  Also, if you receive any unwanted emails, go to

  https://www.linkedin.com/secure/settings?msgdelivprefs=

and check the "No Email" column for each alert type and click "Save
changes" at the bottom.

There are other settings under "Email Notifications" at
https://www.linkedin.com/secure/settings , too, if it is a problem.

 > I'm not interested in
 > blogs, chat rooms, etc.

I don't think linkedin has blogs.  And it seems like you only have access
to chat rooms if you sign up for a "group".  (If you do get desperate for
a job, you could find one associated with accountants or local Santa
Barbara job-hunting at http://www.linkedin.com/groupsDirectory .)

 > as I'm just too busy and don't want to spend
 > any more time on the computer than I already do.  Gail

OK.

Why do you want this page removed?