As Gerald Ford said... our long national nightmare is over. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 23:46:43 -0800
From: Steven Streufert/Bigfoot Books <http://www.gotsky.com/~s_streufert>
To: Nancy S. Streufert <http://www.earthlink.net/~nstreufert>,
    Dickie <http://www.earthlink.net/~dickstreufert>,
    Roger & Marian Jenz <http://www.att.net/~romajenz>, joan e <http://www.wi.rr.com/~puppsproducts>
Subject: As Gerald Ford said... our long national nightmare is over.

"I believe that truth is the glue that holds government together, not only our Government, but civilization itself. That bond, though strained, is unbroken at home and abroad. In all my public and private acts as your President, I expect to follow my instincts of openness and candor with full confidence that honesty is always the best policy in the end. My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over. Our Constitution works; our great Republic is a Government of laws and not of men. Here the people rule. But there is a higher Power, by whatever name we honor Him, who ordains not only righteousness but love, not only justice but mercy."

Remarks upon being sworn in as President of the United States
August 9, 1974

Why do you want this page removed?