East Bay Cohousing Bus Tour - East Bay Cohousing () - Meetup.com - Mozilla Firefox

You wanna go to this?
Title: East Bay Cohousing Bus Tour - East Bay Cohousing () - Meetup.com

http://intentionalcomm.meetup.com/1/calendar/7053157/

Welcome back, Robert!
HomeMeetups by TopicMeetups by CityStart a Meetup GroupWhat's Meetup
Organizer:
Asst. Organizers:
Questions?

East Bay Cohousing Bus Tour

When

Saturday, February 2, 2008 at 8:00 AM 20080202T160000Z

Where

Want to know where this event is? Sign up for this group

Who should come

These bus tours are HIGHLY recommended for anyone interested in cohousing, getting started, forming a new group, or wanting to learn more.

Why

A personal visit to a variety of cohousing communities offers you an experience that no photo, website or book can offer. Meet other people interested and see what communities actually look like, and build common ground for talking about your vision.

How to find the organizer(s)

"I'll be at the Cohousing stop on the tour and possibly at the beginning. Wearing a green "ask me about cohousing" button and perhaps a funny hat."
--Raines Cohen (Cohousing Coach)

Details

This all-day tour ususally fills up quickly, sign up at Coho/US Tours page to pay ($95) for your spot, and only then RSVP here to tell others that you're going, coordinate carpooling, etc. Again, an RSVP here will NOT get you a spot on the bus, you have to do that through the page at www.cohousing.org --Raines]

An experienced cohouser or cohousing professional will take you to visit five to seven communities. As you travel between locations on a comfortable bus, the tour leader will give participants a chance to introduce themselves, share general information about cohousing, answer questions, provide fact sheets and site plans, and prepare you for your 40-minute visit to each community.

At each stop, a community host (often a long-time resident) will guide your group through his or her neighborhood and answer questions. Mid-day, you will receive a gourmet box lunch.

Details

This East Bay bus tour will focus on the wonderful variety of Cohousing communities in San Francisco's East Bay. We are planning to visit Swan's Market, Temescal Creek and Temescal Commons in Oakland, then Pleasant Hill, and Doyle Street (Emeryville) Cohousing communities. Our day will start and end at Swan's Market Cohousing in Downtown Oakland.

Sponsored by the Cohousing Association of the United States (Coho/US). Remember to Reserve Your Seat by paying on that website, NOT this one.

Talk About This Event

Join this Meetup to participate in this discussion.
  • Raines Cohen
    RSVP: Yes
    This first tour of the year will be East Bay-only; it will repeat August 9. A May 3 tour goes to the North Bay and Oct. 25 to Davis/Sacramento. If there's interest, we'll do a bicycle tour sometime in the spring as well.
    Raines Cohen (Cohousing Coach)
    Posted Jan 7, 9:32 AM

Want to participate in this event?

Who's coming

Yes (3)

Haven't RSVPed yet

Add this event to your calendar What's this?:

Why do you want this page removed?