Re: Happy 2007 Winter Solstice!

 > From: Mark Reimers/FS/VCU <http://www.vcu.edu/~mreimers>
 > Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 15:00:38 -0500
 >
 > Hi Robert,
 > Nice to hear from you.
 >
 > You were lucky in Vancouver - sometimes it rains for weeks around this
 > time of year. I used to hang out at the Naam too.
 >
 > I'm fairly happy about the new position - I like being an academic again.
 > I do work too hard, but it's part of the territory.

Well, as long as you're happy.  I'd prefer not to work too hard, but, more
and more in the U.S., this seems to be less of an option.

 > We just purchased a house - the real estate market isn't quite as trendy
 > as in other places. It's nice.
 >
 > Are you and Noelle still in touch with Sue? I hear she's having health
 > problems and feeling rather lonely there.

Yes.  We visited her in L.A.  (I mentioned the visit in my message, but
didn't specify her name :-/ .)  She seems better now, but is still not in
an ideal state.

 > I see Simon a few times a year. He drops by on his way through. He's up
 > for tenure this year - it looks pretty good.

Good.  I guess he likes it well enough to spend the rest of his life
there.

 > Any news from Marc or Links_2_Links?

Yes.  Surprisingly, Marc Goodman is now "linkedin" (www.linkedin.com) to
me.  I guess he lives in Portland, but don't really know what he's doing.
He seems pretty secretive in general, but I haven't tried asking him why
he's there or what he's working on.

 > cheers,
 >
 > Mark
 >
 > Mark Reimers
 > Assistant Professor, Biostatistics,
 > Room 3014, 730 E. Broad St
 > Virginia Commonwealth University,
 > Richmond, Virginia, USA 23298
 >
 > NB. I read email once per working day; for urgent matters please call.

Why do you want this page removed?