Re: Linux Question

 > From: R <http://www.DRAComp.com/~R>
 > Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 15:39:38 -0400
 >
 > When I dop an RM file.extension then do a DF, it shows more used than
 > before the RM.
 > Is there some other place I have to go to delete the RM'd files?  The
 > reason is I'm short on disk space and I want to clean up some of the disk.

No.  Doing a "rm" should immediately release the disk space.  It's
possible that there's another process which is using the disk space.  If
you have enough disk space to reboot, I suggest rebooting as single user
(when booting, use the word "single" after the kernel name; if using GRUB,
hit ESC to modify the parameters; if using LILO, hit the shift key); as
single user, no other processes are running and it's easier to clear disk
space.

If you are not in a position to reboot, try to kill processes which you
think may be eating up the disk space.

Why do you want this page removed?