U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein responding to your message

March 7, 2007

Mr. Robert

where-I-live

Dear Mr.:

       Thank you for writing to me about the H-1B temporary worker
program.  I appreciate hearing from you and welcome the opportunity to
respond.

       As you may know, the "Comprehensive Immigration Reform
Act of 2006" (S. 2611) included provisions relating to H-1B visas.
During deliberations, I voted to increase the annual cap on H-1B visas
from the current level of 65,000 to 115,000.  I have also supported
limited increases in H-1B visa levels in the past, because the fact is that
while United States businesses should work to find U.S. workers first, it
is important to be able to bring in skilled foreign workers if demand
exceeds the domestic supply.

       While I have reservations about an automatic annual escalator,
the need for limited numbers of foreign workers is certainly apparent and
I agree that the H-1B visa cap should be considered so that economic
conditions can be assessed.  Please know that I will keep your concerns
in mind as Congress exercises oversight of the H-1B temporary worker
program.

       Once again, thank you for writing.  I hope that you will keep me
informed on issues of importance to you.  Best regards

			Sincerely yours,

			Dianne Feinstein
			United States Senator

http://feinstein.senate.gov

Further information about my position on issues of concern to Ca and
the
Nation are available at my website http://feinstein.senate.gov.  You can also
receive electronic e-mail updates by subscribing to my e-mail list at
http://feinstein.senate.gov/issue.html.

Why do you want this page removed?