Re: vegan (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 09:17:21 -0700
From: Elisa Camahort <http://www.workerbees.biz/~elisa>
To: http://dummy.us.eu.org/noelleg
Subject: Re: vegan

 Hi Noelle:

Yes, replacing cheese seems to be a fairly impossible task!

But the Uncheese Cookbook sounds like a great resource...i'll go look for it.

Thanks!

Elisa Camahort
Silicon Veggie

On Sep 9, 2006, at 10:21 AM, Noelle wrote:

Vegan "cheese" is really disgusting and not worth eating. I feel better eating goat cheese, since I think these have to be smaller operations than the dairy cow operations and so are treated better.
My husband is a happy vegan and recommends Bay Leaf Cafe in Palo Alto and Good Karma (1st St). there are a lot of those Master Ching Hai (mostly) Vietnamese restaurants around. However they tend to fry almost everything(mock meats) and very salty, though tasty.Amici's Pizza has a vegan pizza and my husband liked the "cheese" on it.
Overall, it's better to cook at home. The Uncheese Cookbook has all sorts of ways to make "cheese".
Noelle

Why do you want this page removed?