Employment Application

Title: Xxxx Career Section

User Name: robertb Exit

Legal Statement Agreement
xxxx APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT

Xxxx is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Federal, state and local laws prohibit discrimination because of race, color, sex, or sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, natural origin, disability, marital status, status as a disabled veteran or Veteran of the Vietnam era, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws.

PERSONAL DATA

Providing non-job related information which is not requested will disqualify your application for employment consideration. Note: Where dates and other personal identifiers are requested the information is required and used for information verification processing only.

BACKGROUND EXAMINATION NOTICE & AUTHORIZATION/FAIR CREDIT REPORTING ACT AUTHORIZATION

In connection with Xxxx's consideration of me for employment, continued employment, promotion, or reassignment, I understand that Xxxx may obtain a consumer report and/or an investigative consumer report. Xxxx may also conduct its own investigative inquiries into my background that may include obtaining such things as criminal, driving, personal reference(s), and job reference(s) pertaining to me. These inquiries will be conducted to provide Xxxx with information regarding my character , general reputation, personal characteristics, mode of living, work records, salary history, and characteristics, skills and abilities, education and training, employment experience, past job performance, reasons for termination of previous employment and other pertinent information.

I understand that for this purpose Xxxx or persons acting on its behalf will be requesting information from various federal, state, and local governmental agencies, previous employers and their employees, personal acquaintances of mine, and other appropriate sources of information that maintain records or possess knowledge about my education, employment, criminal, driving and other relevant activities, experiences and records, including, but not limited to, my character, general reputation, personal characteristics, and mode of living.

I authorize, without reservation, any person or entity contacted by Xxxx or anyone acting on its behalf, to furnish the above-stated information, and I release any such person or entity from any and all liability for furnishing such information. I also release Xxxx from any and all liability for conducting such an investigation.

I authorize Xxxx to disclose my Social Security number in order to obtain necessary information. I understand that if I refuse to execute this authorization, Xxxx may refuse to grant employment based on this refusal. A copy of this executed authorization shall be valid as the original.

METHOD FOR RESOLVING EMPLOYMENT DISPUTES

As a condition of my employment with Xxxx, I agree to raise all employment-related disputes and claims by the method proscribed in the “Raising Concerns Policy”. If this method is unsuccessful, I agree to address the claim through the Employee Dispute Resolution (EDR) program, a mediation program created by Xxxx. I understand that these steps are the exclusive means for first attempting to resolve employment disputes.

I understand that this program does not limit or eliminate my legal rights nor does it prohibit me from filing a federal, state, or agency claim or lawsuit before mediation. If I pursue agency or court proceedings before completion of EDR, Xxxx will advise the agency or court of the EDR program and file a motion to dismiss or stay. I am ineligible to participate in the EDR program if: my position is eliminated through a reduction in force or if my termination falls under the company Severance Payment Plan; I am a retiree or employee who has signed a general release; or I am on a leave of absence (I may pursue EDR when I return to “active status”).

EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP
I understand that this employment application and any other documents, including policies, handbooks, guidelines, practices, benefits or manuals, are not intended to create any contractual obligation which in any way conflicts with Xxxx's policy that the employment relationship between the Company and each employee is at-will and can be terminated, with or without cause, and with or without notice at any time, at the option of either the Company or the employee. I further understand that any oral or written statements to the contrary are expressly disavowed and should not and can not be relied upon. Exceptions to this policy may only be made with the prior written approval of the Senior Human Resources Executive.

Xxxx reserves the right to make changes to its policies, practices, guidelines, handbooks, manuals, benefits or employee complement when, in its sole judgment, it deems necessary or useful to do so.

In the event the Company should wish to use my photograph in connection with publicity, sales promotion, or other Company purposes, I hereby give my permission for such use without any further consideration.

CONSENT TO RELEASE OF MEDICAL INFORMATON

I hereby consent to the disclosure of information concerning my ability to safely perform my duties of employment, or for continued employment, by Xxxx, including information concerning the presence of alcohol and/or illegal drugs in blood/urine samples taken from me during screening testing procedures in conformity with all federal, state and local laws.

I authorize the third party designate of Xxxx to test samples taken from me and disclose the results to the Senior Human Resources Executive or his/her designee, and to report the results consistent with the Xxxx safety policy and its program for maintaining a Drug/Substance Abuse Free workplace.
The consent to disclose medical information was given freely, without reservation, and for the purpose set out above.

IMMIGRATION REFORM AND CONTROL ACT

As a condition of employment with Xxxx, successful applicants must provide, within three days after beginning employment documentation to prove identity and proper authorization to work in the United States. Specific instructions will be given prior to your first day of employment regarding the documents required.

FREEDOM FROM ALCOHOL & SUBSTANCE ABUSE

Xxxx Inc. (Xxxx) strives to maintain an environment that is free of drug, alcohol and substance abuse to help assure employees of a safe and productive workplace. Substance abuse can endanger not only the user's safety, but also that of employees and members of the community. Therefore, Xxxx will not employ any applicant who refuses to take, or has positive results from, the pre-employment illegal substance test. An applicant must submit to the illegal substance test within 48 hours of receipt of the illegal substance test notification.

DEFINITIONS

A. Under the Influence
"Under the Influence" means the employee is affected by a drug or alcohol or the combination of a drug and alcohol in any detectable manner. The symptoms of "under the influence" are not confined to those consistent with misbehavior, nor the obvious impairment of physical or mental ability, such as slurred speech or difficulty in maintaining balance. A determination of "under the influence" can be established by a professional opinion, a scientifically valid test, and, in some cases such as alcohol, by layperson's opinion.

B. Legal Drug
"Legal Drug" includes medically authorized prescription drugs and over-the-counter drugs which have been legally obtained and are being used for the purpose and in the dosage for which they were prescribed.

C. Illegal Drug
"Illegal Drug" means any drug which is not legally obtainable or one which can be legally obtained but has not been, and prescribed drugs, legally obtained which are not being used for prescribed purposes.

D. Hemp Oil
Hemp Oil and/or hemp products are widely available on today’s market. These products contain varying levels of THC and as a result, they can produce a positive urinalysis which is not acceptable. Xxxx strictly prohibits the use of such products and will not disregard a positive test result due to such use. Employees and candidates for employment must abstain from using hemp products, including hemp oil, which contain THC.

GUIDELINES - PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEES

1. All candidates for employment will be advised of Xxxx's Freedom from Alcohol & Substance Abuse policy, procedures and programs.

2. Prospective employees will be asked to complete a Consent to Release of Medical Information form.

3. Tests will be conducted by an independent laboratory. Upon arrival at the testing location, the prospective employee will be asked to present proof of identity. Prospective employees who fail the test and test confirmation will not be considered for employment for a period of at least six (6) months and then must be retested.

4. Prospective employees who refuse to submit for testing will not be considered further. They may re-apply after (6) months, but then must comply with the provisions of our Policy.

5. A Prospective employee may appeal the test results within (5) business days of receiving the results, by submitting a written appeal to the Senior Human Resources Executive, Xxxx Inc., One Xxxx Drive, Park Ridge, NJ 07656-8003. Whenever possible, the prospective employee will receive our decision within ten (10) business days.

6. Contract employees, temporary employees, interns, consultants, and school cooperative employees must also submit to the above outlined procedures before they conduct business for the company

I certify that the information provided in this application is true and complete to the best of my knowledge and understand that falsification or omission of any information is grounds for rejection of my application or termination of my employment, if you employ me.

CHOOSE "I AGREE" TO THE ABOVE TERMS AND CONDITIONS TO CONTINUE BEING CONSIDERED FOR EMPLOYMENT WITH xxxx.

You will next be asked to sign-in using the username and password created during your original submission. Once signed in, select the Employment Application to finish the application process.

Taleo logo Powered by Taleo

GIF image

GIF image

Why do you want this page removed?