Re: ask for a raise?

Hi Robert,

I have been on vacation visiting friends since April
16. It's been great to be away from my real-life for a
few weeks.

No, I haven't yet asked for that raise from
Pro-Unlimited. I am secretly hoping Oracle will hire
me permanently. Another contractor says Oracle has to
wait 6 months to hire us after they have had layoffs
--which were in Dec. So (supposedly) June is the time
they should be bringing us onboard.

I don't know, I think too I need to find out WHO I
talk to at the temp agency. I might talk to the woman
who got me in the company, who is now perm herself for
the last 3 years. She may have an idea.

Anyway, good luck! Let me know what you decide to do.

It's a hassle to find the balance between asking for a
raise from a company you really don't want to continue
to work for but have to 'cuz you really ARE working
for that company AND just wanting the actual company
to JUST HIRE YOU permanently.

Ugh,
Take care,
Moshoula

---  <http://dummy.us.eu.org/robert>
wrote:
> I forgot to ask you at the dinner party.  Did you
> ask for a raise via your temp
> company?
>
> My contract has again been extended to July 2.  I
> feel like this is going to
> stretch out forever and I'd like to encourage them
> to just hire me instead :-).

--0-922563100-1114523673=:15476--

Why do you want this page removed?