Re: MAK technologies

 > From: Leonid Leibman <http://www.gmail.com/~lleibman>
 > Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:34:21 -0400
 >
 > Thanks, Robert --
 >
 > I didn't respond sooner since I was interviewing and fighting for my
 > dear life with ear infection. Very nasty: you loose you balance and it
 > really sucks.

Yeah.  I've had several ear infections over my lifetime.  The dizziness
factor can be especially annoying.

 > Do you know this company "personally"?

No.

 > Are they "good" in some sense?

I don't know.  I don't know much about 'em.  Just that they use
LISP/Scheme.

 > What's your favorite neural network freware? There is a lot of them
 > including annie, cortex etc. Did you ever play with one?

No.  It some ways, Bayesian Networks and Decision Trees can be more
accurate.  In fact, I was recently surprised to find out that OC1 (which
Marc's PVClus was based upon) has the same accuracy of prediction as CART
and C4.5.  So, you might consider those as well.

 > I also wonder why nobody (?) ever implemented an AI file manager,
 > which would prompt you where to save the files and where similar files
 > are. Why hasn't Microsoft done something like this?

I remember hearing something about this.  I don't know if it's Microsoft
or not (I would doubt it).  It's seems pretty logical.

Maybe google's desktop search facility will eventually do something like
this -- sort of an "automagically organize my files" button.

 > Do you know
 > anything of the sort?

No.  ifile is the only program I know that automatically sticks things
into different mail folders, but that's only for e-mail, not files in
general.

I guess the real question is whether generalized search (such as google's
desktop search) comes up short versus browsing by category.  I guess you'd
really want a combination of both -- sort of a desktop Vivisimo/Clusty.

 > Leonid
 >
 > On 3 Apr 2005 16:36:32 -0700, Robert <http://dummy.us.eu.org/robert> wrote:
 > > I don't know if you qualify, but you may wanna look at
 > > http://www.schemers.org/Positions/mak-2005-03-30.txt

Why do you want this page removed?